7 Apr 2014

Lush Love Locket


This is the bath bomb that was released for Lush's Valentine's Day collection. The product is very large, and the idea is that you can cut it up into smaller pieces and use it for more than one bath.

Love Locket is a pink and yellow bath bomb, inspired by the lockets that people so very often wear around their necks with a picture of a loved one inside.

This bath bomb includes Jasmine, Gardenia, Vanilla and Neroli oil. The Gardenia comes through the most, I can sort of tell that there is Jasmine and Vanilla in there, but I couldn't smell the Neroli at all, which is a shame.

I used a knife to prise apart the two halves at the seam. I do like this idea, but found it ridiculously difficult to cut through, and once I had it made a horrible, pink powdery mess.
 The larger heart contains paper pink and purple heart shaped confetti and the middle bit contains red, agar hearts.

Once I'd popped a segment of Love Locket into my bath water it fizzed for around a minute or so, releasing some paper confetti hearts, which slowly floated up to the surface.

I have to admit here that I was more than a little disappointed that the paper confetti hearts didn't float around my bath for long, they seemed to all sink to the bottom as soon as I got in the water this also meant that they were all stuck to the bottom of the bath when I got out which meant scrubbing the bath and rinsing them all down the drain. There are also little bits of glitter floating around, which I liked, but they didn't transfer onto my skin at all.

When I was laid in my bath I noticed that my skin felt lovely, silky and soft. This will be down to the sensual oils. It really helped to lift my spirits (I don’t know about you but I tend to use bath bombs when I’m feeling down because they really help cheer me up, I absolutely love them).

 I also noticed that the scent lingered in my bathroom for a good couple of hours after I had bathed, but I couldn't smell anything lingering on my skin at all.

Would I repurchase? Maybe, I don’t know whether I would choose to spend the little bit more money on this one or just continue buying the Sex Bomb which is that little bit cheaper. I'm looking forward to using up the rest of the one I have though.

Have you tried the love locket, did you enjoy using it?


8 comments:

  1. the confetti hearts sound like a lovely idea! Shame they didn't float much though!

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are such a cute little added touch, especially cause I didn't know about them, it was an added surprise. :) Xxx

      Delete
  2. I have this! My plan was to use it on Valentines Day, but that didn't happen! So now I'm saving it for another time!

    Charli | Charlotte Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice, I don't know how you've had the will power to keep it, I try but I can't keep them for more than a few days they just smell too good.

      Xxx

      Delete
  3. I haven't ventured much into the world of bath bombs from Lush, I've been loving the Comforter recently! This sounds lovely :) I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award :) the details are on my blog, http://ohsojem.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html#more xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must, they are honestly so good, try one and your life will be changed forever. :) Awh thank you sweetie that means so much to me, I will pop over to your blog now and have a read. You've honestly made my day. :) XXX

      Delete
  4. This sounds really lovely, I think it is definitely worth trying once! The hearts sinking kind of sucks, but at least it did something for your skin! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sweetie you should definitely give it a go, honestly it smells so good. Xxx

      Delete