20 Dec 2013

Lime Crime Lipstick

I’m going to start this review with a confession, a rather large confession for a lipstick lover like myself.

I haven’t actually known about ‘Lime Crime’ lipsticks for that long, I was definitely very late jumping on the band wagon when it comes to these little beauty’s, but I also must admit I had been lusting over the lipsticks for up to two months before deciding to purchase them, I really didn’t know if I wanted to fork out €13 on a lipstick I wasn’t sure I would like, especially when I knew I loved MAC lipsticks and knew I could buy one of them for almost the same price but Lime Crimes wide variety of loud colours really pulled me in and boy am I glad, I’m in love. I ended up ordering two lipsticks, ‘Mint to be’ and ‘Airborne Unicorn’.


I must admit Lime Crime lipsticks are now one of my favourites, with its amazing, bright shade selection (I feel like I need one of every colour) and its unique packaging. I mean who doesn’t love unicorns? I do that’s for sure. The packaging is slightly bigger (and much brighter) than that of MAC, but it’s pretty similar with the shape and the shade name on the base.

‘Airborne Unicorn’ is a lovely pastel purple colour and is very wearable, the formulation is lovely and it is very opaque and thick with only one swipe, but if you’re like me you will do 2 or 3 out of pure habit.

‘Mint to be’ is a pastel green shade and is not as wearable as ‘Airborne Unicorn’ (you have to be pretty brave to wear this one) but is still a beautiful colour, it also has a very opaque finish and after a few hours I could definitely see the stain it left behind. The only thing I would say is it is a small bit more drying on your lips than ‘Airborne Unicorn’ but this has to be expected when it comes to colours like this one. The formulation has to be quite different to that of the more ‘normal’ coloured lipsticks.

The formula is lovely and creamy and the lipsticks have a lovely vanilla scent which makes them even more enjoyable to wear. It lasts about 3-4 hours on my lips, I didn’t need the help of a lip liner to get a bold, even colour but it is very important to exfoliate and hydrate the lips before applying this lipsticks, I also feel this adds to the staying power.


I know after trying out these two that I will definitely be adding to my collection, my aim is to have one of each colour, I feel it’s a must.


Have you tried Lime Crime Lipsticks, what’s your favourite colour? 

No comments:

Post a Comment